Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Buddy Ride

Absolutely. To Partlow Bros' and back with my brother and his fiancée (my Dad and my friend Mike--who is also doing TNT--were called into work--bummer!).

Statistics:
Distance: 36.94mi
Saddle Time: 2h23m26s
Actual Time: 2h50m
Start Time: 1:50PM
End Time: 4:40PM
Start Outside Temp: 49°F
End Outside Temp: 55°F
Max Speed: 35.0mph
Avg Speed (saddle): 15.4mph
Avg Speed (actual): 13.0mph

I'm happy that my body's remembered how to go long distances, although mentally I need to remember that I need to eat every so often...nearly bonked on the Hill of Doom on Walney--I was just completely out of gas by that time that my speed dropped from a good 17mph to 10mph down to 7mph. But it was good.

Had a guy (his name is Gaston) on a Cannondale mountain bike pull up next to me and comment on how nice my bike was. Then he asked what Cat(egory) I raced, to which I said that I didn't race. And then he takes off, on his mountain bike (with full-knobby tires) at about 20mph (which is absolutely bombing-it for a MTB). Nice =)

No comments: