Friday, February 1, 2008

The Inaugural Post

Welcome to my training blog! In the coming days, weeks, and months (and years?) I'll be posting here about my cycling training.

If you haven't heard by now, I've joined the National Capital Area chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training program. I've signed up to train for, and to participate in, the America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride around Lake Tahoe this June.

As part of the training, I've pledged to raise $4300 for LLS' cause, and I'm asking anyone who reads this to help by making a contribution. Each donation goes towards accelerating cures for leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma, and brings hope to the patients and families who are on the front lines of the battle against these diseases.

Please use the link below to donate online quickly and securely. Upon donating, you will receive a confirmation by email and I will be notified right away.

You can learn more about my efforts, check on the status of my training (I'll be updating it regularly), and make a donation by visiting:

http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/kentridestahoe

On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I thank you very much for your support and generosity!

No comments: