Saturday, February 16, 2008

TNT Training Ride #2

Rode up and down Rock Creek in D.C. Beautiful ride, with the sun and clear skies and 30°F cold air =). I guestimate that I did an average of 15mph for two hours, since I didn't have my computer mounted to my bike (I forgot it was in my pocket!). And I was late to start, because I got lost in D.C. and didn't get there until 9:05AM (and the start time was supposed to be 9:00AM)--juuust missed the start, but I was able to follow where they went and I caught up pretty quickly.

Met a few more people, but I'll probably forget all of their names--I should start learning their names by their bikes. I know "Jeff" rides an old, steel Trek 520 w/ bar-end shifters and a kickstand..."Kim" is riding a comfort bike, uhh...can't remember too many other people =) Seriously, when everyone's dressed up, they all look the same to me. Once it gets warmer and the windbreakers come off, then the personalities will come out--I'll be wearing my VT or Speed Racer Jersey for most of the time, definitely =)

Good times!

No comments: