Sunday, March 2, 2008

16.15 miles

Recovery ride--Dad's first ride in forever, and Eric's first ride on his newly-built Campy Cannondale (man that thing is hot!). Rode to Eric's place, got his helmet, rode back, stopping to show Dad "the climb" that Eric used to train for Tucson (man, it was definitely killer, again!). And when we got to that dip in the trail near Franklin Farm Rd., I gunned it down the slope and hammered it up the other side--so hard that when I sat back down in the saddle and looked down, I was still going 23mph, uphill! Too bad the weather wasn't as nice as I'd have liked (it was sunny, but windy so I still had to wear my thermals and leg-warmers) but I warmed up well-enough by the end of the ride.

Statistics:
Distance: 16.15mi
Saddle Time: 1h06m42s
Actual Time: 1h15m
Start Time: 1:30PM
End Time: 2:45PM
Start Outside Temp: ???°F
End Outside Temp: ???°F
Max Speed: 34.5mph
Avg Speed (saddle): 14.5mph
Avg Speed (actual): 12.9mph

No comments: