Friday, March 21, 2008

22.13 angry miles

Angry? Oh yes. Why? My company's moving offices and, despite having made plans (i.e. a TNT training ride, for one, and my friend's bachelor party), I'm going to have to come in on a Saturday to fuckin' move boxes around and install shit. And we all know that things will NEVER go as smooth as we want--I've been assured that we'll be done in time for the bachelor party, but I seriously doubt it. I am hating very much my "unique" position in my company as the de facto I.T. guy, since my job function is underappreciated, and now I have to go in on a Saturday (and probably the Sunday afterwards). This is not whiney-bitching. I may work to live, but I don't live to work. "Sacrifice", yeah whatever. If only...if only we got comp-time. Or overtime pay. Good luck finding that in salaried employment.

I got home, blew off my mom's phone call, got dressed, and drove me and my bike out to W&OD/Rte. 28, and jumped on and rode, basically, the same ride I did on Tuesday: out to the far side of Leesburg and back.

Statistics:
Distance: 22.13 miles
Saddle Time: 1h14m16s
Actual Time: 1h15m (hardly waited for anything)
Start Time: 6:40PM
End Time: 7:55PM
Start Outside Temp: 56°F
End Outside Temp: 54°F (felt colder than this, though...)
Max Speed: 29.5mph
Avg Speed (saddle): 17.9mph
Avg Speed (actual): 17.7mph

No comments: