Tuesday, March 25, 2008

22.57 miles

Took the 1500 out for a spin on today's buddy ride...I got there late, and my group had already left by then. I got there, got my bike ready, and hopped on the trail, hoping they had gone west...luckily, they did, and luckily a guy passed me going fast, so I was able to grab his wheel and draft him to catch up faster--I picked up the tail end of my group before they crossed Ashburn Road (3 miles out), and then I picked up the lead before they entered into Leesburg (8 miles out).

Man, my 1500 feels so different from my 5200...more comfortable to ride, thanks to its more upright posture...the wind, man--I could feel the wind more with this bike (probably because my torso is more upright), but this thing was pretty nice to ride. Needs new tires, though. Maybe because it was the tires are 25c tires (as opposed to my 5200's 23c tires).

Me and Chris turned around at the same place we turned around at last week, and we picked up other members of our group who had already turned around. I gunned it out ahead (of course), got to Smith's Switch Station, and turned back to pick up the others (and turned around again after a quarter mile), which explains why I have .4 more miles than last week.

Then we all went out to Anita's, where I actually ate sensibly (and mmm, their veggie 'pizza' is pretty good; chicken, not so much).

Statistics:
Distance: 22.57mi
Saddle Time: 1h24m45s
Actual Time: 1h30m
Start Time: 6:05PM
End Time: 7:35PM
Start Outside Temp: 52°F
End Outside Temp: 51°F
Max Speed: 31.6mph
Avg Speed (saddle): 16.0mph
Avg Speed (actual): 15.0mph

No comments: