Saturday, May 10, 2008

TNT Training Ride: Davidsonville II -- CANCELLED!

There were many reasons not to ride today, but the main two are:

1. It was raining and wet. Yes, wet is ride-able, and yes, even if it rains in Tahoe we'll still ride, but today it would've made the roads more hazardous (some parts of this ride are known to flood in wet conditions) and we could do without any more injuries at this point (many people have fallen and hurt something on the training rides this season).

2. Most of us are already ready for Tahoe. There are several of us who don't really need to train-up anymore, myself included. Heck, I rode 108 miles last Saturday, hills and all, and totalled about 200 miles this past week alone. That's plenty for Tahoe.
I did take my bike out and rode around the parking lot a couple times, though. I drove for an hour (and an hour back), I damn-sure was gonna ride a little. Not even a tenth of a mile, though...ugh.

Well, I have a chance, now, to do other things...like exercise my muscles differently with some DDR or something.

Doesn't mean that I feel any less guilty or shameful about deciding not to ride, though (i.e. my rallying cry yesterweek: "Leukemia patients can't just quit!")...

No comments: