Saturday, May 17, 2008

"YOU'RE RIDING LIKE A JACKASS!!! YOU'RE GOING TO GET SOMEBODY KILLED!!!"

That's what he said to me the second time I buzzed him (apparently) without giving any warning. In my defense, I did say "on your left", but I guess it wasn't loud enough, especially at the speeds we were going. He and I had some terse words, and then he just said "go; I don't wanna be riding anywhere near you" to which I replied with a sarcastic "Passing. On. Your. Left." at him in a tone and volume which I was certain he could hear clearly.

Though he does have a valid point: we're riding to save lives, not to risk them--that is our mission, and any (apparent) jackassery does nothing to further that mission.

We commiserated, with a gentlemanly fist-bump, and that was that.

I'll be more careful next time. Or I'll just put my bell back on my bike. Or I'll do both--I've gotta re-wrap the handlebars anyways...

No comments: