Saturday, April 26, 2008

TNT Training Ride: Berryville

Warm today. Noel and Josh and I quickly joined up and conquered the rolling hills and sometimes-steep climbs. A Metric century (100km). I wasn't sure if I'd need my 1500, with its triple, but I made the right decision as our speed dropped to 6mph on some of the climbs. Oof.

The dogs came out to play this time, too--I was ready for the first one. A "BACK OFF!!" yell didn't work, so I sprayed it with water. That didn't really work, either, but it broke off its pursuit, probably because it was tired of running. The second two...well, they seemed to just want to run, and the "BACK OFF!!" yell didn't work there, either. I suppose I don't look authoritative enough in my superhero costume, riding a bicycle.

A happy consequence of the big climbs were the awesome descents: I hit 41.5mph on the first, and 43.5 on the second! Holy smokes!

Statistics:
Bike: Trek 1500
Distance: 66.15 miles
Saddle Time: 3h55m01s
Actual Time: 4h15m (SAG stops)
Start Time: 8:15AM
End Time: 12:30PM
Start Outside Temp: WARM
End Outside Temp: HOT
Max Speed: 43.5mph!!!
Avg Speed (saddle): 16.9mph
Avg Speed (actual): 15.6mph

No comments: