Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wednesday Buddy Ride

One happy consequence of going to work early is that I get done early, and then I can get some extra miles--that's just what happened today. I met up with Jeff and his wife Mary Anne at about 5PM at the Vienna Caboose, and rode out with them to Smith's Switch Station, then turned back, picked up Fred and Chuck, turned around again, rode out to Rte. 28, and then booked-it back to the Caboose. It was quite warm after riding for a few minutes--I was in my summer short-sleeves and shorts, and didn't feel that cold.

Statistics:
Bike: Trek 1500
Distance: 32.14mi
Saddle Time: 2h10m33s
Actual Time: 2h20m
Start Time: 5:00PM
End Time: 7:20PM
Start Outside Temp: 64°F
End Outside Temp: ???
Max Speed: 33.9mph
Avg Speed (saddle): 14.8mph
Avg Speed (actual): 13.8mph

Flipping the middle-chainring magically cleared up all of my shifting issues. Who'd'a'thunk it.

No comments: